Sunday, September 2, 2012

Are you a feminist?

I live in a male dominant society, where women are regarded to be inferior to men, where they are considered to be a temptation that should be covered and put away, where they are forced to follow rules that diminish their rights and their chances to reach their full potential and contribute to the society. And the problem is, it's not only men who forced this environment on us, even women themselves see that they are different and that their only purpose in this life is to get married, reproduce, and stay at home. I have to say that not everyone is like that, there are many educated civilized people in this country who know that women and men should have equal rights because we're all human and that women should be able to engage in the community just like men do.

However, sometimes when I start letting out my anger about how women need to be equal to men, I keep being told that I'm sexist! And then it makes me even more outraged that people tend to define feminism in a strange way when it simply means freedom and equality for women. It does not mean that I am against men or that I think women are superior to them. In fact being a feminist means that I am against sexism because I call out for equality.

And so, being a feminist is not really anything to be ashamed of. Aren't you a human being? Don't you think that we are all human beings who were born equal and should get the same opportunities? Don't you believe that women should have the same rights that men do? Don't you think that women have the right to make their own decisions and actions just like men do? If yes, then you are a feminist.

I believe that men and women should have equal rights, and I will fight for what I believe!



3 comments:

  1. Brilliant keep it up, reminds me of the spirit of the 1960's in uk..

    ReplyDelete